Traffic Signs & Lighting

Traffic Signs: We erect and maintain most of the stop, speed limit and caution signs on the Township right-of-way under the authority of the Kane County Highway Engineer.  Any request for sign placement must be in writing.  If the request is for parking restrictions, a petition containing a majority of signatures of affected neighbors is required with the request.  Please call the Road District Office for specific requirements.  All signs are inspected each month. If you notice a missing sign, please notify this office so we may quickly replace the sign and possibly avoid an accident.

Streetlights: Within the unincorporated Township, most streetlights are maintained by ComEd.  If you see a streetlight with a burned out bulb, call ComEd customer service number 1-800-334-7661. Should a replacement not be made within a reasonable period, please call our office.